As a business owner, you know every itinerary can be continuously optimized, fine-tuned, and improved, but it comes at the price of interruptions, time wasted, financial investments, and lost opportunities. So how do you minimize the expenses and make the right strategic decision when choosing the travel platform for your group travel business? We suggest asking these 3 fundamental questions…
#1. What business PROBLEMS are you trying to solve?
It makes no sense to look for a solution until you define the problem, so before you start your research take a minute to honestly evaluate the issues you are aiming to resolve. That focus will help you navigate in a multiverse of available tech options. to choose the right travel platform.
Often, group travel business challenges involve these struggles:
- UNSTRUCTURED DATA: Travelers’ information, documents, forms, and receipts are all over the place in different systems.
- LACK OF AUTOMATION: Every email and payment reminder is sent out manually, the same questions are being asked over and over again, every itinerary has to be created from scratch.
- TIME MANAGEMENT: The team is overwhelmed with ongoing communications and chasing travelers for payments and personal information, double entering updates into un-integrated systems, and searching for trip-related information.
- CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE: Travelers are often confused and/or do not have easy access to visually appealing information about the trip. Often, travelers require slight personalisations of the itineraries but want to join the group for most of the experience – allowing for this flexibility can make your business stand out.
- BOOKINGS: Filling your spots is the priority, make sure nothing gets in the way of getting that deposit.
#2. Where are you on your JOURNEY?
Building your business as an entrepreneur is a journey of many steps, and like all journeys, a ROADMAP helps. It is helpful to know what challenges lay ahead and to have a business plan in place to prepare.
There is no one “best answer” or a cookie-cutter template for success. This image demonstrates a business journey from one of our clients and #YouLiAmbassador, Karen Haranis (Rare Air Travel).
Track the path of your group travel business. Ask yourself questions like:
- Who are my travelers? Do I really know my target audience yet?
- Have I built a relevant client email list?
- How will I run my first trip to leverage the feedback and create stunning marketing content?
- How am going to distribute my trips?
- How do I learn from the mistakes of the trips I’ve run to scale faster?
#3. Can the travel software GROW with your business?
Often, entrepreneurs are too busy and only start to research a tech solution when it’s urgent. But it is important to dedicate enough resources to evaluate your options since committing to a travel platform is a strategic decision effecting present and future operations. The main questions at this stage:
Is this travel software flexible enough to add the capabilities my travel business needs as my company scales?
Let’s consider an example:
Assume you currently run 5 group trips/year with an average of 12 people/trip at $2,500/person price tag.
That is $150,000 a year.
Your booking platform may charge a modest 2% booking fee.
That’s $3,000 a year.
If the next year you grow to 10 trips/year your fee goes up to $6,000/year.
Does that sound like optimized scaling?
With YouLi CREW plan you can deliver up to 15 trips per year with 3 co-planners in a team, full integration with your website and a number of premium features like payment processing, analytics, unlimited tasks and document exchange for only $1800. Period.
The more you grow, the lower is your cost per trip.
– That’s what we call SCALING with your travel business. –
And if you are looking for software to support YOUR travel business growth, check if YouLi Travel Management Platform is a match. We are trusted by group leaders like Karen Haranis to scale personalized experiences. Visit our YouTube Channel for tech details, or Request a Demo to talk to the team.
#traveltech #itinerarymanagement #travelplatform